Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Space

http://gizmodo.com/#!5730175/the-most-inspirational-unofficial-nasa-commercial-ever

I watched this video a while back and remember being profoundly moved by what was being said. The space program is very important to the progression of the human species. I truly think that if people took a second to look past many of the trivial things we use to separate ourselves from each like religion, ethnicity, nationality, and other things, we can make such monumental discoveries and advancements. Humanity is capable of greatness. We just need to overcome the prejudices and hatreds that we are raised with. We are all part of the human race and the only difference we all really have is the way we are raised. Space is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Most people are scared of it, like its nothing but a vast emptiness. Its far from empty. The stars, galaxies, planets, and nebulae, these things make up the beauty of the universe but also supply its potential. The potential to spontaneously create life, whether it be a new species or a whole new field of stars, and the way it is a cycle of creation and destruction that keeps the universe in balance. Its amazing to know that one of the most destructive things in existence, a black hole, is also responsible for creating new stars that bring life all over the universe. Knowing things like that amazes me but more than that I am in love with the world beyond out planet. Its full of mystery and wonder and I just wish I could explore it until the end of my days.

No comments: