Monday, April 18, 2011

Gotta Protect the Neck and Ears

As a kid I had this absolute fear that bite and or blood sucking monsters would attack me in my sleep. I was terrified. I thought that these vampire zombie things would come in the middle of the night while I was sleeping and attack me. However for some reason I thought that they were only interested in my neck and ears. As a result of that train of thought I always tucked myself into my bed in such a way that my neck and ears were fully covered. I had even tucked the sheets and blankets around my ears and thought that created a solid protective shielding. I remember that I sometimes pretended to sleep and they opened my eyes wide thinking that I would surprise them. I always went to sleep with this smug look on my face thinking that I had outwitted those blood sucking bastards. Still, I look back and wonder why I could have ever possibly thought that a blood sucker would ever go straight for my ear. It makes no sense.

No comments: