Thursday, April 28, 2011

When did reason trump imagination?

When we are kids, we are encouraged all the time to use our imaginations and explore it as much as possible. But as you get older, people frown on the use of imagination and tell you to grow up. Who says that age means the death of the imagination? I love the imagination and I don't want to ever lose it. It seems to me that without imagination or that sense of wonder for everything you see, life would be really boring and stale. Imagination gives a vibrancy to life and to people. I know whenever I hear something said, it can be anything really, images will come to my mind no matter if it is relevant to what is being said or not. What I imagine barely ever has relevance to what is being said. Once while in history class, I imagined Cardinal Richelieu high fiving King Louis after oppressing the serfs. But that's besides the point. Imagination is my world and its all kinds of fun. Life wouldn't be as much fun without it and if that means I will never grow up then so be it.

1 comment:

francheska said...

GROW UP!






just kidding....