Tuesday, March 29, 2011

First Contact

First contact with aliens seems like it would be an interesting thing. It would open up the universe to a whole new realm of possibilities for man kind. I think that kind of monumentus point in history would be so influential that it would change our concept of history. Things would probably be lumped into the two categories pre-contact and post-contact. The person who would make first contact would probably but recognized as one of the most important people in human history because they will help define how humanity interacts with these aliens. Its interesting to think about the massive responsibility that would be on that person. To remain calm and kind throughout the entire encounter. That one person would have to convince a new sentient species that we are worth dealing with. I think if that happened to me, if I would be the first person to make that contact then I would do my best to introduce them to the rest of the planet and try to show them the best of what humanity could be. However, I would ask them to take me with them. It would be a great opportunity to realize a dream I have had since I was very young. I would of course ask my closest friends if they wanted to join me. Something would be missing from that experience if you didn't have someone to share it with.

No comments: